The Summer Series winds to a close with our annual Score event in Hollywood next Tuesday. This will be followed by a BBQ in the village, and the prizegiving for the series.
Car parking & Registration is in Hollywood (Tutty's Pub). The village has been very busy recently. There is limited parking, so please consider parking at the community centre or at the school and walk the short distance to the village
Don also mentions that a new Café has recently opened in Hollywood. Well worth a visit to charge up on homemade carrot cake or big furry scones before your run. Closes at 18.00 ish .
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/brzikeRp9cT2
Start Times from 18:00 to 19:30.
There will be two courses on offer:
* Adventure Course - 2.7km, 100m climb. It is on tracks and forest paths, not difficult terrain but definitely not suitable for buggies, or bare legs.
* Score Course - collect as many controls as possible in any order within a 50 min time limit, with 10 points penalty per minute late. Full leg cover is very strongly advised.
Entry fees are as follows:
* Child/Student/Unwaged/OAP €5 (€4 for CNOC members)
* Adult €8 (€7 for CNOC members)
* Family €20. (€15 for CNOC members)
If you need to hire an SI card, we also rent them for €2, to be returned at the finish. Lost cards cost €40 to replace!
If you're not a member of a club, and would like to join CNOC on the night, we're offering free membership for the first year (its only €7 a year per adult after that anyways - full rates on cnoc.ie)
If you are planning on bringing a group, it would be useful to contact us ahead of time, so we can ensure we print enough maps, etc. We also offer a discounted rate for pre-booked youth groups - message us for details.