We are hosting an event in Donadea Forest Park on 21st Jan, so why not pop along and join in - whether you are giving orienteering a go for the first time, or stretching those legs after the Xmas holidays (with the Leinster Champs looming).
Regarding courses, Eileen has planned something suitable for all - young and old, beginners to experienced.
* Long Course (7.5km - Experienced Orienteers)
* Medium Course (5km - Improving Orienteers)
* Short Course (3km - Beginners or Families)
* Nature Trail (1.5km - Children or Families)
The forest is mostly flat, so climb is minimal. On the longer courses, expect the usual amount of Jan undergrowth off the tracks, and full leg cover + gaiters are advised.
The usual entry fees apply:
* €5 for a Child/Student/OAP
* €8 for an Adult
* €20 for a Family (2 adults + kids)
Start times available from 11am to 1pm, with courses closing at 3pm.
SI cards will be used, and electronic timing. If you need to rent an SI card, we will have a stock available at the registration (€2 rental fee)